Shadow Diagram is prepared for mid-winter 21 June at 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM but we can always provide shadow diagram for a certain period of time and day upon request by the Council. By doing so, we can clearly demonstrate and answer any overshadowing and solar access concerns. Our service enables a flexible and fast shadow diagram that addresses all planning requirements for the Development Application process.
We can determine the impacts of a proposal on the adjacent residential buildings and their private open space. A shadow diagram allows us to view and calculate the amount of shadow cast by the proposed development. It contributes in determining the shading effect of the adjacent structures as well as those casts by the proposed structure which helps in shaping the sustainability of the development.
The Shadow Diagram must distinguish the extent of shadows cast by existing and proposed buildings, including buildings on adjoining land and vegetation where relevant. 1:100 scale showing:
- Position of existing and proposed buildings on the site
- Position of buildings on adjoining land
- If shadows will fall upon any wall of a neighbouring property, elevation or vertical shadow diagrams may be required and will incur additional fee.
- The positioning and levels of windows and openings on the walls neighbouring buildings must be identified
- Existing and proposed shadows cast at the equinoxes on winter solstice (21 June): for 9am, 12noon and 3pm (showing altitude and azimuth angles) upon the site, adjoining land and buildings on adjoining land.
Your satisfaction is our top priority, we’re confident that’ll you’ll be happy with our services. But just because we believe in the quality of our services, doesn’t mean you’re totally sold yet. Therefore, we think you should be given the chance to try us out without any risk.
So go ahead, place an order! And in the unlikely event that Amores doesn’t meet all of your needs during the preliminary stage, simply write to us to terminate the contract within the first 14 days from the order placement date and we’ll refund your deposit fees. For full details of our cancellation policy, please see our terms of service.